There are a range of activities being held across Maidstone on the day of the festival.
The details of all the activities are currently still being added, check back soon for updates. The full schedule of activities and events is liable to change before the festival date.
Click on the links below to find out what's going on in each area of the festival, there is also an interactive map of the festival on the homepage:
- General Activities / Events
- Whatman Park
- Friday People Sound Stage
- HRM Floating Sound Stage
- Brenchley Fringe
- Lockmeadow Centre
- Town Centre
General Activities / Events
Throughout the day there will be several activities going in and around the festival area. There will be a range of street performers at the festival including musicians and magicians as well as stilt walkers and living statues.
The main times to take note throughout the day:
- 11:00 - Official Festival opening by Mayor Brian Mortimer and Martin Cox the festival chairman.
- 12:00 - First Raft Race Heats.
- 13:00 - Second Raft Race Heats.
- 14:00 - Fun Raft Race.
- 16:00 - Raft Race Final
- 16:30 - Dingy Pagent
- 17:00 - Best Dressed Boat Competition.
- 18:30 - Best Dressed Boat / Raft Race Prize Presentation.
- 21:30 - Illuminated Boat Parade
- 21:45 - Light Elements - Maidstone Bridge & St. Peter's Bridge.
- 22:30 - Firework Finale.
Situated on the west side of the river, this can be accessed on foot via the railway bridge.
A number of activities will take place in Whatman Park including a treasure hunt for younger festival goers. Cadbury will be hosting their Spots V Stripes promotion. There will be free Cadbury samples and a range of games to engage in.
The 42nd Highland Regiment of Foot will be performing military re-enactments throughout the day - Find out more »
the timetable of events is as follows:
- 10:00 - Harmony - First Set
- 10:40 - Flair
- 11:00 - Perform to Perfection
- 11:25 - Maidstone Dance Studios
- 11:50 - Harmony - Second Set
- 12:15 - Melody Marshall
- 12:40 - JAG Academy of Dance
- 13:05 - Hilton Hall Dance Academy
- 13:20 - Harmony - Third Set
- 14:10 - Jelly Babes (East Borough's Got Talent)
- 14:25 - Hilton Hall Dance Academy
- 14:50 - Flair
- 15:15 - Perform to Perfection
- 15:40 - Maidstone Dance Studios
- 16:05 - Melody Marshall
- 16:30 - JAG Academy of Dance
- 16:55 - Harmony - Fourth Set
Friday People Sound Stage
Situated in front of Archbishops Palace, the sound stage will have range of acts for younger festival goers. The proposed lineup is Below:
- 10:00 - Jamie Johnson
- 10:45 - Ascend To Glory
- 11:30 - History of the Trade
- 12:15 - The Hamelins
- 13:00 - Hands Shaped Liked Hearts
- 13:45 - Fred Clark
- 14:45 - Kirsty Macleod
- 15:45 - Kalaidaphone
- 16:45 - Ocean Blue
- 18:00 - The Kicks
- 19:00 - Kent's Talent with Coralie Hughes & Deborah Mummery
- 20:00 - The Rustic Ramblers
- 21:00 - The Blox
HRM Floating Sound Stage
The Hospital Radio Maidstone sound stage will play host to an eclectic range of acts throughout the day. The official festival opening will be held on the floating sound stage. See the schedule below:
- 11:00 - Festival opening by Mayor Brian Mortimer
- 11:10 - 2BC (the Mayor's band)
- 11:50 - Killerwatts
- 12:40 - Out Of Fashion
- 13:30 - Tess
- 14:20 - Reptilia
- 15:10 - Funk Social
- 16:00 - Blues Mothers
- 16:50 - Fate The Juggler
- 17:40 - The Wayward Travellers
- 18:30 - Bram Stokers
- 19:20 - Relics - Pink Floyd
- 20:30 - The Very Wonderful Long Teddies
Find out more via their facebook group
Invicta Grammar School will be running Brenchley Fringe all day at the festival. Local acts will be performing in the bandstand. Available food will include Krispy Kremes. Activities include summer fete stalls, henna, glitter, tattoos, eyebrow threading. All proceeds from the Brenchley Fringe will be donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The Lineup is as follows:
- 11:00 - Devilyn Foxx
- 12:00 - Fred Clark
- 13:00 - The King's Eyes
- 14:00 - The Kairs
- 15:00 - The Thought Police
- 16:00 - Standing On Giants
- 17:00 - Purple Sky
For more information about Brenchley Fringe see their facebook group
Accessible on foot via the footbridge behind All Saints Church, the Lockmeadow Centre will serve as the base for a funfair and Maidstone market.
The funfair will be open all day with a range of rides not for the faint hearted.
The Maidstone Market will be open 7.00 - 13.30. The market sells a range of wares ranging from electrical goods, books, toys and groceries.
There are various activities going on in and around the town centre. A car lottery will be held at Fremlin Walk, giving people a chance to win a brand new car worth £9635. Maidstone Museum, next to Fremlin Walk will be open all day. The new wing of the museum will be open before the festival date. The Carriage Museum, situated opposite Palace Gardens will also be open on the festival day. The Graham Clark gallery at the Hazlitt Arts Centre featuring works from local artists will be open from 10.00 - 16.00. All Saints will also be holding an open day all day.